Fight for each victory

Fight for each victory

Monday, January 6, 2014

Dream big. Try hard.



Today was the first day back to a normal work schedule with no holidays or holiday treats in sight, THANK GOD! I stuck to my meal plan and got in a great workout during the Olympic Accessory class with Sam. All in all it was a pretty normal day and of course that means I was challenged by my fellow Warfitters during today's workout.

It seems that I'm constantly pushed (in the most positive way possible) to constantly acknowledge my strength, something that I am not completely sure how to do. I know that I excel in strength focused movements/workouts, but for some reason its just so easy for me to settle for an 'alright' lift that I know I'm not very good at. For example, the snatch! I never seem to be too heartbroken over not moving up in weight because I've already made up in my mind that that's a weakness of mine. Its frustrating that I don't see myself in the same light as other people seem to. Self worth and confidence in the gym seem to be a definite weakness of mine that I clearly need to address if I want to move forward in my journey. I am truly thankful for all the constant encouragement I've been receiving throughout this process of!

On another note, I am not the type of person who enjoys training just for the sake of training, I need small tangible goals along the way or I'll completely fall off the wagon. Of course I have small goals in the gym but I think my newest goal is the biggest goal I have for this new year: participate in a local crossfit competition in the RX division by the end of the year. Oh man, even just putting that out there makes me nervous, but I made sure to let people know I wanted to podium for Iron Fitness Games and I did, so maybe by putting this out there, I'll actually pull the trigger and do it! I've been rolling around the idea of competing in SpartanFit's Primus competition in the scaled division to continue to get my feet wet and build my confidence until I nail down a few more skills, but I'm on the fence about Primus for now. I consider myself pretty competitive and always want to do my best when I know people are watching so maybe I should do it?! Ugh. Over thinking again :(

Two simple things that I need to keep reminding myself over the next year: Dream big. Try Hard. So simple yet so difficult to master that mindset! I think those two overarching thoughts will get me far in my journey of strength, fitness, and sheer confidence.

OLYMPIC LIFTING ACCESSORY:
1) Snatch push press, peak of 5 (93#)
2) Pause snatch deadlift (2-5 second pause at mid-thigh), 5x5 (87#)
3) Superset:
Barbell lunges (#95/65): 4 x 8, each leg, alternating
Wide grip pull-ups: 4 x 8
Incline press: 4 x 12 (1x12@20#; 3x12@15#)

Meal 1:
1/2 plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup Ezekiel cereal (with hot water)
6 MP Armor V
2MP Battle Fuel

Meal #2:
1 scoop SFH Whey
12 almonds

Meal #3:
4oz chicken
1 cup broccoli

Meal #4:
1 scoop SFH whey

Pre WOD:
2 MP Battle Fuel

Post WOD:
1 scoop MP Aminos

Meal #5:
6oz ground turkey
1 cup broccoli
10 almonds

Meal 6:
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt

No comments:

Post a Comment