Fight for each victory

Fight for each victory

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Isabel is weeping...


Ryan clearly doesn't get it, I've got goals to attain. First goal: kick Isabel's butt!
 

Today went well all the way around. I ate well, I'm happy with my results and improvements in the gym and I'm now even more fired up about reaching my goals knowing that I CAN and WILL attain them ALL!!!
5pm Gymnastics:
MOBILITY: band overhead stretch, 1 minute each side; band assisted pec stretch
DYNAMIC WARM-UP: 2 rounds of: 10 wrist rocks each way, 3 handstand walk-ups, 30 second handstand hold, 10 second lat pull downs, 30 second german hang
SKILL #1: skin-the-cat/back lever (worked on skill; I can now kick into the german hang and back again without assistance!)
SKILL #2: handstand walking ring support (trying to let my wrist heal a little bit more before I get back into the handstand position)
MET-CON:
AMRAP 12 minutes of: (7 rounds)
10 handstand thigh slaps 10 V-outs
15 hollow rocks
10 handstand walking steps 5 ring rows (completely parallel to the ground)
15 superman rocks

6pm WOD:
Max effort single or doubles for 1min x 2 (did two singles then 2 double unders then two more single and so on; worked on skill)
Metcon: Annie (7:57)
50-40-30-20-10
Double under (did singles)
Sit ups

Power snatch 1RM (115#; PR by 15#)

Metcon: Isabel (3:56 @ 85#)
30 Snatches 135#/95#
I totally struggled with deciding if I wanted to RX this workout or finish with a decent time. The last time I did Isabel, I did it in 3:33 at 65#. My time was slower this time but I increased by 20# so I'm confident that I can RX this and do it in under 5min by the end of the year! I'm getting excited to already being so close to making one of my goals and accomplishment!

Breakfast:
1/2 cup of greek yogurt
1/4 cup Ezekiel cereal w/ hot water (I only ate about half of what is pictured knowing full well that I was a little heavy handed with my pour)
6 MP Armor V
2 MP Battle Fuel



Snack:
1 scoop SFH whey (Ugh, I need to remember to bring my shaker bottle with me to work!)
15 almonds



Lunch:
5oz chicken
1 cup broccoli
10 almonds (not pictured)




Snack:
1 med banana

Pre workout:
2 Battle Fuel
1/2 scoop MP Aminos before workout
1/2 scoop MP Aminos during workout

Post workout:
1 scoop MP Aminos

Dinner: (in the making)
5oz chicken (I really need to go buy some fish!)
1 1/2 cups spinach
1 tbsp peanut butter

Snack: (later tonight)
1 scoop SFH whey

No comments:

Post a Comment