Fight for each victory

Fight for each victory

Sunday, January 5, 2014

It's a celebration!



This weekend I had to really force myself to get my butt moving and into the gym. I'm pretty sore and just wasn't in the mood to do anything other than sleep and lounge around, but I knew at that point that I HAD to get into the gym!

Saturdays workout:
Olympic Lifting totals
Snatch
Clean & Jerk
I may have been in over my head taking Oly after doing Isabel on Thursday and then Grace on Friday. Holy crap! My shins, collar bone, and shoulders were pretty bruised up and I don't think my shoulders were going to let me forget how hard I worked the days before. I didn't get any PRs in class but I was getting pretty close and I was ok with that.

Sundays workout:
1000m row (3:56)
Front Squat; worked up to a heavy set of five and then found 1RM (1RM 195#; PR of 50#)
Bench Press; worked up to a heavy set of 3 and then 1RM
1 mile run (9:35)
I am by no means a runner so to have done a mile under 10min was great. 

One thing I've noticed more and more over the past few days is that I am not the best at celebrating my accomplishments. Why is that? Why is it so difficult to be able to celebrate your own accomplishments but so easy to celebrate someone else and their accomplishments? And why is it easier for me to settle for less than push and succeed at something?

Today I worked out with Jess and we both hit PRs on our front squat yet neither of us were very good at celebrating our own victories and diverted to celebrating the other persons. Now, it's always great to cheer your friends on, but let's not forget to celebrate ourselves! We all spend so much time pouring into our own fitness journey's that we should be able to take the time and bask in our own victories. Yesterday I was just happy to be close to hitting a past PR and today I couldn't even celebrate a 50# PR! How backwards is that?! New goal: celebrate everything that moves me closer to turning my goals into accomplishments!

Another thing that I've been thinking about is how often we doubt ourselves; and by "we" I mean "I". I wasn't thinking at all that I'd go into the gym today and hit such a big PR because I didn't think I was capable of it. In fact, that's a fairly common thought for me, "I don't think I can do it, but we'll see." I was so happy to Have Ali and Jess give me the push to just approach the bar and "just lift it!" It seems so simple but I am the master at complicating everything and over thinking. Rob had said that once I acknowledge how strong I actually am, big things will happen. Of course I shrugged off what he said, not because I don't believe and trust him, its because I don't trust myself. Isn't that a shame?! I don't know how to go about trusting my strength more, but I guess just knowing that these are things that I need to work on is a step in the right direction.

This weekend has been pretty normal as far as food goes. Didn't get any photos and the only thing different from my usual meal plan was I had a cocktail at dinner last night and a smidge of flourless chocolate cake (date night).

Meal #1:
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup Ezekiel cereal w/ hot water
2 MP Battle Fuel
6 MP Armor V

Meal #2:
2 egg whites/1egg
1 cup broccoli

Post workout:
1 scoop aminos

Meal #3:
4oz chicken
1 cup broccoli

Meal #4:
1 scoop SFH whey
10 almonds

Meal #5:
5oz ground turkey
1cup broccoli

Meal #6:
1 scoop SFH whey

No comments:

Post a Comment