Fight for each victory

Fight for each victory

Thursday, January 9, 2014

You live and learn.

Well, I'll start this off by saying that no one is perfect. You can have all the tools, support, and wherewithal to succeed but sometimes, life just happens.


I've been under the gun at work the past few days with various projects and had a bit of a melt down today. It was not pretty! I planned to go to the 7pm class after dinner with my family to celebrate Caleb's birthday but as you can guess, that didn't happen.

My family has and will always be my biggest support and tonight was the perfect night to unwind with them. As you may have also guessed, I didn't stick to my meal plan tonight. I am the biggest emotional eater and needless to say, my emotions have been running high as of late.

I stuck to my meal plan up until dinner when I had fish tacos and a slice of cake.



Back when I would eat to suppress my feelings, it would typically make me feel better, or so I thought...but not this time. I still felt like I hadn't addressed what was going on in my head and I realized I needed to workout to help cope with the stress, not stuff my face. I instantly felt like crap and regretted my decision to give into old habits.


Like I said before, no one is perfect. I can guarantee you that this won't be the last time that I let food get the best of me. But I do hope that the next time I run into days like these, that I remember to focus that anger and frustration towards something positive and not something that will set me back.

Even though I didn't get to workout, work has been a thorn in my side, and the last half of my meals were crap, I am so happy that I decided not to skip out on family time tonight. I got to catch up with my brothers, hang out with my parents, and see my sister outside of the gym. I could never express how much I love my family :) 

Tomorrow is a new day and I'm ready to get back on track!

Diane, I'm sorry I stood you up. You know I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment