Fight for each victory

Fight for each victory

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Run?! I thought you said RUM!!!!



RUNNING DAY! Started off my day with a lovely 13.1 mile run at the Rock n' Roll PF Chang's half marathon and no matter how many times I run it, it's still a doozy! I didn't spend too much time at Urban this past week, instead I logged some miles and spent time working on mobility trying to prep my body for today.

I'm six months into my crossfit journey and I completely put running on the back burner leading up to this day. In all honesty, running really didn't stand a chance up against my desire to throw around weights and work on improving my gymnastics movements. With that being said, crossfit definitely made a difference in my run today! I PRed by (at least) 15min and didn't feel like I had been hit by an 18-wheeler at the finish line (my official time hasn't been posted yet but this run flew by compared to the other halves I've done). My body actually started to break down before I got tired which surprised the crap out of me! I obviously ran slower than my max effort 1mile run but I kept a really great pace that would have allowed me to run most if not all of the 13miles, just wish my knees and ankles would have cooperated. I'm so grateful for the box that I call home and for the programing that contributed to my improvements in my run. Maybe next time I'll actually throw in some cardio in preparation for my next half!  



All in all I'm happy with my performance. I came home and spent a lot of time stretching and even went to get a massage to get my body ready to hit it hard at Urban. So now that that's out of the way, I'm looking forward to participating in the Opens with all the other Warfitters :)

Meal #1:
1 egg/2egg whites
1 cup broccoli



Meal #2:
1 scoop aminos
Protien bar
Didn't get a picture, we were walking to the start line while I was eating

Meal #3:
about 6oz chicken
brown rice
green salad
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 massive ass chocolate chip cookie
Cheat meal that includes a salad?! This Pyfer meal plan thing has really changed my perspective on food!  



Meal #4:
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1 scoop SFH



Meal #5: (later tonight)
5oz chicken
1 cup broccoli

Meal #6: (later tonight)
1 scoop SFH whey

No comments:

Post a Comment