Fight for each victory

Fight for each victory

Monday, January 20, 2014

Helloooo nurse!


I took the day off of work today so that I could drive my boyfriend to and from his dentist appointment. They were putting him under and needed someone to be there the entire time so I took the whole day off so I could be there for him and then spend a few hours at Urban later in the evening. Well, as we all know, not everything goes as planned in life.

Westly didn't take well to the anesthesia so I wasn't comfortable leaving him at home for hours at a time so I skipped mobility and olympic accessory and did my own metcon at home. I definitely wish I could have thrown around some weights today but sometimes other things in life become much more important. Typically I would feel guilty about missing out on a workout but not today. I was able to take care of my best friend and still make sure that I got in a good workout. I am terrible at finding the motivation to workout on my own so to be able to be close to home and still workout felt great. Oh my gosh! Is this what BALANCE feels like?!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting back into a regular routine, especially since my eating habits follow suit when I'm on point with my workout schedule.

Metcon:
20min Emom
10 air squats
5 push up
AMRAP burpees for the remainder of the minute
-then 1mile run (9:40)
So I don't know why I keep doing this to myself, but every time I workout at home, I throw in burpees thinking its a good idea. Yeah, I know. I should be doing them but they just never get any easier! I didn't keep count of how many burpees I got through, mostly because I was trying not to die :) I was surprised I got through it without my legs giving out after yesterdays half marathon. I've never felt this good after running long distance and I attribute that to my time doing crossfit and getting a post event massage. I hate running but I'm already looking forward to running my next half! 

Meal 1:
Ok, I can't even call this a meal! I overslept and had to rush out the door to get Westly to his appointment on time and didn't have time to grab anything. I found this bar in my bag and ate it out of desperation!
1 Special K cereal bar



Meal 2:
1 egg/ 3 egg whites
1 cup broccoli
Please tell me I'm not the only one who burns eggs! I was trying my hardest to make sure Westly was ok and had his meds on time that I wasn't paying attention to my food...so I ended up with this (I'm not very good at multitasking):



 I wasn't doing very well in the kitchen! I couldn't even filter my water correctly today. I don't know who was a bigger mess, me or Wes.



Meal 3:
1/2 cup non fat greek yogurt
1 scoop SFH whey

Meal 4:
5oz chicken
1 cup broccoli

Meal 5:
1/2 non fat greek yogurt

My eating schedule was way off today! I even had a few sesame sticks in between meals to help satisfy my hunger because my meals were so spread apart. Getting back to a normal schedule is imperative at this point, I fold instantly when my day is outside of the norm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment