Fight for each victory

Fight for each victory

Monday, January 27, 2014

Lift things up. Put them down. Repeat.


OLYMPIC LIFTING ACCESSORY
1) Snatch push press, peak of 1 (153#; PR by 26#)
Pretty big PR! I failed twice at 158#, by then my shoulders and arms were pretty beat and I just couldn't lock out. That's the most weight I've had overhead and I'm getting more and more comfortable in that position. Now, if only I could get my snatch weight up...that would be fantastic!
2) Pause snatch deadlift (2-5 second pause at mid-thigh), 5 sets of 2 with 115% PR snatch (129#)
My snatch is just under 100# but I went up in weight for the deadlifts. I'm feeling stronger and stronger after each of these classes with Sam so I can't wait to get a new PR (hopefully soon).
3) Superset:
Barbell lunges (65#): 3 x 10, each leg, alternating
Wide grip pull-ups: 3 x 12 (black band)
Incline press: 3 x 12 (20# dumbbells) 


1.5 mile run: 15:43
 I REEEEALLY wanted to do the WOD today (love me some deadlifts) but I definitely wanted to keep up with the running momentum I've got going here. I loath running with every freaking fiber of my being so I'm making it a point to run at least 3 times a week, warm-up runs not included.

Meal 1:
1/2 plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup Ezekiel cereal (with hot water)
6 MP Armor V
2MP Battle Fuel

Meal #2:
1 scoop SFH Whey
12 almonds

Meal #3:
4oz chicken
1 cup broccoli

Meal #4:
1 scoop SFH whey

Pre WOD:
2 MP Battle Fuel

Post WOD:
1 scoop MP Aminos

Meal #5:
5oz ground turkey
1 cup broccoli

Meal 6:
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
 

No comments:

Post a Comment