Fight for each victory

Fight for each victory

Friday, December 6, 2013

Drop it low girl

Wall balls, broad jumps and burpees! OH MY!!!

I am still in a bit of funk and can't seem to shake it completely. I didn't get much sleep last night and the sleep that I did get was choppy and not very restful. I'm looking forward to sleeping in a bit tomorrow if my body cooperates.

WOD:
Broad jumps max distance (7min to find furthers distance) 75"
Turkish Get Up (EOMOM 1x8, 1x6, 1x4) 35#, wanted to try for 45 but my wrists have been hurting
Metcon:
10 rounds for time (10:50)
5 wall balls (14#)
5 sit ups
5 burpees
5 broad jumps

 My sinuses have been a mess and has made it hard to breath at times but I've been soldiering on through the past few workouts. My energy was pretty low during work, but I'd attribute that to the lack of sleep. I felt pretty good during my workout even though I'm not feeling like my normal self. With that being said, I finished my 500m warm-up row in 1:52 even after that 5k last night. So I shaved off almost 10sec! Another little victory.

My sister Rosie was in class tonight and anytime we workout together, I find myself pushing myself harder than I probably would otherwise. Maybe I want to beat her. Or maybe she drives me to be better. Either way, I love having her by my side. After busting through 10 rounds of wall balls, sit ups, burpees, and broad jumps, Rosie gives me the ol' "good job" speech and then tells me to drop and do a core grinder with her. Is this chick for real?! I had to convince myself in that moment that I still liked working out with her haha

Meal #1:
1 scoop SFH In Race Whey protein
6 Armor-V
2 Battle Fuel
green tean with 1tbls raw honey for my sore throat



Snack #1:
1 medium apple
10 almonds

CONFESSION: By this time I was pretty hungry and ended up eating more than my allotted 10 almonds. I had 18! But it was either that or I was going to cave and have doughnut holes so I picked the lesser of two evils.

Meal #2:
I forgot my lunch at home in a rush to get out the door this morning. My mom met me for lunch and I got steamed chicken and steamed veggies.
About 6oz chicken
Broccoli



Snack #2:
1 medium apple
10 almonds This should have been a nut butter but I forgot that at home with my lunch and the only nut butter we have at work is salted and definitely not natural

Pre-workout:
2 Battle Fuel
1 serving Aminos

Post-workout:
1 serving Aminos

Meal #3:
baked chicken (with salsa)
asparagus
strawberries (I forgot to put those on my plate!)



Snack #3: (later tonight)
plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp unsalted natural nut butter

No comments:

Post a Comment