Fight for each victory

Fight for each victory

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Tearin' it up



We're about 36hours away from the Iron Fitness Games and I am getting so excited! Mostly because Rob said I could eat quinoa tomorrow for lunch and dinner in preparation for Saturday. Oh man, quinoa and lifting heavy things?! The next few days are already awesome!

I felt great today. Lots of energy and I never felt hungry at any point. If anything, I felt full even when I NEEDED to eat. I'm glad to be over that awful hump of always feeling hungry when kicking off a new meal plan.

OLYMPIC LIFTING
This is the first time I've done clean and jerks since my wrist has been feeling funky so I started at really light just to get used to being in the rack position again. I ended up just doing cleans. My wrists felt fine until my last lift at 151# that I failed. I got in my head with that one.
Clean & jerk from blocks, peak of 1

Clean & jerk, peak of 1

GYMNASTICS

Mobility: band overhead stretch,1 minute each side; band assisted pec stretch, 1 minute each side
Dynamic Warm-Up: 10 scap push-ups, 3 handstand walk-ups, 30 second handstand hold, 10 lat pull downs, 30 second scap hang, 10 arm circles each way
Skill #1: kipping toes-to-bar/kipping knees-to-elbows
Skill #2: handstand walking  ring support
Met-Con:
For 12 minutes:
EMOM perform 5 knees-to-elbows
For the remainder of the minute, AMRAP handstand thigh slaps hallow rocks
Just over 5months of crossfit and I finally rip my hands...not happy about that. 




I am happy that I'm getting better at toes-to-bars! I can get one but stringing another one will have to wait for another day I guess. Knees to elbows have been my arch nemesis since WODtoberfest so to get a couple t2b was a great feeling.

 

Meal #1:
1 cup low fat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup raspberries
1/8 cup ezekial cereal
6 armor v
2 battle fuel



Meal #2:
1 whole egg/2 egg whites
1 cup broccoli
1/4 avocado



Meal #3:
Went to the Food Trucks Thursday with my coworkers and brought my own lunch...I didn't give in!
5oz cod
1 1/2 cups spinach (measured uncooked)
1/4 avocado



Meal #4:
1 scoop SFH protein
10 almonds



Pre-workout:
2 battle fuel

Post-workout:
1 scoop aminos

Meal #5:
6oz chicken
large green salad
1/4 avocado
1tblsp basalmic

Meal #6
1 scoop whey

No comments:

Post a Comment