Fight for each victory

Fight for each victory

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Finding a healthy balance

And so day one of this journey begins!

As many of you know, I am a huge fan of working out in the PM because lets face it, I roll out of bed to go to work and can't be bothered with being up before the sun! Well, I very well may need to change my entire mindset on that. Before I get into the 'why' of that statement, let me give you the run down of what went into fueling this body:

(I'm getting the hang of this whole blog thing, photos will be uploaded shortly)

Meal #1:


4 egg whites
3/4 cup Ezekial Cereal
1/8 cup coconut milk

Snack #1:
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp SFH fish oil

Meal #2:
6oz chicken breast
4oz sweet potato
1 cup broccoli

Snack #2:
30g whey protein
15 almonds

Meal #3:

6oz chicken breast
4oz sweet potato
1 cup broccoli

Snack #3:
1/2 cup Greek yogurt

So my job, at times, calls for extensive amounts of schmoozing with other corporate big wigs in the spa industry. Of course, tonight had to be one of those nights. Straight out of work it was out to Tempe to rub elbows and make nice-nice with local industry leaders and in turn, miss out on my nightly WOD. I, more than ever, am becoming aware of the fact that I'm at that point in life where work can either control me, or I can control work. Sure there will be nights where I absolutely can't get into the box and workout, but tonight was just lack of better planning. (Sidebar: I had a terrible time listening to anything anyone had to say tonight because I kept thinking about what my time would have been for Helen. Is that terrible?!)

With that being said, I can also be a total negative Nancy about the day and sulk over how bummed I am about missing out on a WOD that I would have LOVED to do, but instead I will take it in stride. Today was a day of learning. Planning is key in this journey to success. Thank God I have meals that I portioned out in the fridge that I can turn to when I can't cook and for a rest day that I will cash in tonight so that I can hit the ground running over the next few days. So people, if you don't see me in class over the next few days, you have permission to hound me about that!

And on that note, it's time to get my last bite in before I hit the hay.

Good night all,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment