Fight for each victory

Fight for each victory

Sunday, December 29, 2013

"Trying times are not the times to stop trying"

The past few days have been a little rough but I'm rolling with the punches! I've been pretty bummed that I haven't been able to make it class and have had to workout on my own at home. My work schedule hasn't been helpful and then on Saturday I got into a car accident on my way to the 9am WOD and since then have been in a funk. My headaches came back so I'm back on my meds (not happy about that) and they make me drowsy and I typically lose my appetite when I take them. My battle for the past few days have been to make sure that I'm eating when I need to and what I need.

One of my goals as of late has been to work on my mental toughness during WODs and overcoming my fear of "the suck". Yes, that is a technical term. I have realized that mental toughness needs to spill over into all other aspects of my life as well. The past few days I have really had to find the positive things going on in my day even when everything else was seemingly terrible and try my hardest to have a positive outlook on things going on in my life. For example: I couldn't make it to the class on Saturday because of a car accident. The positive is that I am alive and well and so is the person the was involved. That situation alone could have been a million times worse but I'm making it a point to always remember that I am blessed far beyond measure and every day is worthy of celebration! Tough times make tough people and trying times are not the times to stop trying!!!

This is what I think about whenever I'm having a bad day :)
My meals have been the same as usual, I just didn't get photos. The past day, I've been awake to eat and then back to sleeping off my headache meds. Today I took a rest day from working out and am looking forward to getting into Urban to workout with other people and finish out this year with a bang!

Meal #1:
2 egg whites, 1 egg
6 armor v
2 battle fuel
1/8 cup Ezekiel cereal

Snack:
1/2 cup non fat greek yogurt
1 scoop SFH protien

Meal #2:
(took my meds about 2 hours after first snack and ended up sleeping through this meal. Lame)

Snack:
1 scoop SFH

Meal #3:
5oz chicken
1 1/2 cup spinach (measured uncooked then steamed)

Snack:
1/2 non fat greek yogurt

Even though I missed a meal today, I was happy that I even ate as much as I did today. Usually when these headaches come about, I am so dead to the world that I skip eating all day so this is one of those small victories that I can be proud of. Also, I found some photos from the Iron Fitness Games! I seriously can't wait to do another event like that!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment