Fight for each victory

Fight for each victory

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The best you that you can be


I get to leave work early today and once I do it's going to be hectic trying to get ready for tonight, and since it's a slow day at work, I figured, why not blog now?!

Today I read a blog about making New Years resolutions and how, women especially, place making changes to their bodies at the top of the list. Well, duh! Who doesn't? Heck, my goals for the new year is just that, it's time to get lean and strong! Who doesn't want to look and feel their absolute best?! But this blog didn't encourage women to set those goals, in fact it encouraged women to accept the bodies they were given for they are fearfully and wonderfully made. Now, before you get all crazy on me, hear me out.

I 100% agree that we were made to perfection, each and every one of us! Every person who has been given life is a beautiful creature and no one can ever say different. Every freckle on your cheek to every hair on your head was placed with great consideration and we should all celebrate each others beauty! No color, shape, or size should be looked at with negative judgment, but honestly, have we all been good to the bodies we've been given? Probably not. I know. I know what you're thinking! "But, Melissa! You just said that YOU made goals to change YOUR body. Why aren't you satisfied with your own body?" Well, its not that I'm unsatisfied with my own body. I love being a curvy girl! I've always been this girl and I hope to never lose that. But why can't I be a stronger, faster, and healthier version of myself without people thinking my end goal is to look like a playmate? My goals are far from that! And my hope is that for you women out there, your goals are for yourself and not to satisfy onlookers.

I totally get what the author of the aforementioned blog is getting at. Women! You are beautiful in every way, shape, and form. Yes, be happy with who you are. You were not made to solely serve the purpose of attracting men. You were made to be so much more than that! But why not be strong? Why not be healthy? Why not be fit? Why not be the very best you that you can possibly be? A number of women at my work have asked why I enjoy lifting and that if I wanted to lose weight I should just run and eat carrots. Uh, no thanks! This journey for me isn't about looking a certain way for ANYONE. It's about breaking free from old habits that have held me back, it just so happens that my journey travels down the road of health and fitness.

I am a quitter. I run from anything that challenges me. I never follow through with things. I can typically be pretty negative and never find the good in anything, especially in myself. These are things that have plagued my life for as long as I can remember and I am seeing those negative aspects of my life melt away while on my fitness journey. Why any of that has anything to do with me throwing around heavy weights is beyond me, but it sure as hell has given me reason to believe that we as women shouldn't be discouraged to ever find the best us possible! Whether it be through fitness or not, find the you that is strong, mentally and physically. I know that's what I want.

In the end, I'm just not a fan of people discouraging progress in women. Go out there and seize the day ladies!!! Phew! Alright let me get off my soap box.

These are my planned meals for the day:

Meal #1:
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup Ezekiel cereal
6 Armor V
2 Battle Fuel

Meal #2:
2 egg whites, 1 egg
1 cup broccoli

Meal #3:
5oz chicken
1 1/2 cups spinach

Meal #4:
1 scoop SFH whey
15 almonds

And that's what I can account for right now as far as meals go. Going to a New Years Eve party and I know there will be things that are safe to eat while on my meal plan and things that I should steer clear of. I'll keep you posted on how that all works out. In the meantime, have a fun, safe and joyful New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment