Fight for each victory

Fight for each victory

Monday, December 9, 2013

These bruises make for better conversation

Another weekend gone too soon, still riding that high from the Iron Fitness Games clinic and I've got the bruises to show for it! I can't freaking wait for December 21st!!!

Gonna keep this short, it's been a long day. I've been feeling great today and couldn't wait to get into the box for the Olympic Accessory class:

Box squats: work up to peak of 3, 3x3 at that weight (205#; Sam stopped me there but holy crap my legs felt good and the movement was fluid. I could have definitely put some more weight on there...but there's always next time)
Clean RDL, 5 x 3 @ 100% PR clean (145#)
Push press, 5 X 3 @ 100% PR strict press (my wrist have still been acting up so I did a superset of 5x12 hammer curls and 5x8 incline presses)
superset with hammer curls 5 X 12

 

Meal #1:
2 egg whites (at eggs before remembering to take a pic)
1/4 cup Ezekiel cereal
2 small strawberries
6 Armor V
2 Battle Fuel



Snack #1:
1 scoop SFH Endurance protein
10 almonds



Meal #2:
5oz Steamed cod
8 stalks asparagus
a little less than 1/4 cup sweet potatoes



Snack #2:
Work got busy near the end of the day and I got distracted thus missing my snack :(

Pre-workout:
2 battle fuel

Post-workout:
1 scoop aminos
10 almonds (I rushed from the gym to my niece and nephews Christmas show and shoved ten almonds into my pocket to munch on because I wasn't sure when I'd get home to eat dinner. Poor planning on my part.)


Meal #3:
*Ended up at dinner with my family
5oz lean turkey
sweet potatoes
(I'm getting to that point now where things just don't taste all that great unless I know exactly what is in it and know exactly how its been prepared. Lesson learned.)

Snack #3: (later)
1/2 cup non fat plain greek yogurt

SIDE NOTE: I turned down every cookie offered to me both at work and at my niece and nephews Christmas play! VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I noticed that tomorrows WOD is full of box jumps and burpees...curious how things workout! Glad we'll be getting some of those in as we move closer to the Iron Fitness Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment