Fight for each victory

Fight for each victory

Sunday, December 8, 2013

What doesn't kill you makes you STRONGER

I spent most of my day at SpartanFit CrossFit working on strongman movements in preparation for the Iron Fitness Games on December 21st. I signed up for this event on a whim and didn't really know what the hell I was getting myself into. Before today, out of all the movement included in the WODs, I was comfortable with maybe 3 movements. Two of which were burpees and box jumps! Definitely not part of the strongman repertoire. Even still, I figured I could fake it until I make it and see how I stacked up against the other women in the scaled division.

As the day progressed I got more and more comfortable, so much so that I was hitting the women's RX weights for reps in every movement! I felt strong and so empowered. Before today, I never loaded an atlas stone heavier than 75#, by the days end...175#!!!!!!!!! I was so excited and realized that this type of stuff might just be where I excel in my journey to a strong and healthier me. The IFG should be interesting though, I know I'll do well as far as the weight aspect, but once you throw in the burpees and sled push and I might falter a bit. Guess I know what I need to be working on until the 21st and moving forward. Oh! And thanks to Scott Porter, Jason Sparks, and of course, Rob Pyfer for putting on a great clinic. And if you haven't planned to come out to at least watch the Iron Fitness Games...get your sh*t together and come out to Tilted Kilt in Scottsdale (Bell & Scottsdale on December 21st for an amazing event!



Side note: If you're going to use tacky to lift atlas stones, be prepared to drive like this even after washing your hands quit vigorously...twice!

 

Moving on to the good stuff...I managed to get my meals in while at SpartanFit:

Meal #1:
1/4 cup Ezekiel cereal
1/8 cup almond milk
3 small strawberries
6 Armor V
2 Battle Fuel
Should have had 4 egg whites but I was out of eggs



Snack #1:
1 scoop of SFH Endurance
10 almonds



 Meal #2:
5oz chicken
brussel sprouts (ran out of broccoli)
1/4 med sweet potato



Snack #2:
1 serving aminos
1 scoop SFH Endurance
2 battle fuel

Meal #3:

5oz steamed cod
8 stalk asparagus (the asparagus stalks I had were soooo stinking tiny that I added about to 6 more)



Snack #3: (later tonight)
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1 scoop SFH

I'm heading to a Christmas party where there is sure to be all kinds of deliciously fatty foods that I should not consume so wish me luck! My better half has been on me like a mini Rob making sure that if I even plan on eating something, I had better be prepared to post a picture of it so I've got my spy!

No comments:

Post a Comment