Fight for each victory

Fight for each victory

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Mental Toughness






Third consecutive day of cluster headaches. I will not let them stop me. I hate to sound like a downer, but I feel pretty terrible when they come around. I've decided that I won't let that be a reason why I let up on training and eating well. Today I was really excited to get to Urban and hit a new PR in my deadlift, but unfortunately I couldn't even hit my old PR! I was insanely bummed out and felt so useless. Strength things are my jam and I couldn't even do that right today. It was very frustrating. But I'm tired, I didn't fuel my body right this weekend, or at all, and I just wasn't in the mental space that I needed to be. I walked in already defeated tonight, way too caught up in the possibility of having an episode that I couldn't focus on the WOD. So, this is a deceleration: I've let my cluster headaches get the best of me for a year now on and off, but no more! I have so much I want to accomplish and I don't have time for this sh*t! And I don't want to be a p**** sh*t either (yeah, I threw that one in there for you, Rob)! This weekend is Iron Fitness Games and I have my eyes on that podium, and I won't let anything stand in my way. This week is all about getting all my meals in and really dialing in on training and working on putting myself in a really positive mental space. This week may be hard, but I am going to learn from any of my short comings and celebrate every last one of my victories no matter how big or small. My words to live by this week:

"To be successful you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, nutrition, and mental approach." 


6pm Crossfit Class
Handstand Push-ups 5x3 EMOM I did handstand holds until my wrist reminded me that probably wasn't a good idea. I ended up doing dumbbell presses 5x5 EMOM @ 25#
Deadlift 12 min to find 1RM 235#; not very happy about that, but I know not everyday will be a PR day, I just really wish it had been
Diane 7:25 RX deadlift @ 155#; did dumbbell presses 20# instead of HSPU
21-15-9
Deadlift 155#
HSPU

**by the time I remember to take a photo of my food, I've already eaten it!
Meal #1
2 hard boiled eggs
1/8 cup Ezikial cereal (with hot water)
6 armor V
2 battle fuel



Meal #2:
1 cup greek non fat yogurt
1/4 avocado

Meal #3
(we were off-site and I left my lunch at work)
Salad with about 4oz salmon and balsamic vinegar



Meal #4
10 almonds
1scoop SFH



Pre-wod:
2 battle fuel

Post-wod:
1 scoop Aminos

Meal #5:
5oz ground turkey
10 stalks asparagus
1/2 spinach

Meal #6:
1 scoop whey

No comments:

Post a Comment