Fight for each victory

Fight for each victory

Friday, December 27, 2013

Murder she wrote

Look out 2014, shits getting real serious!

I would just like to start this entry off by celebrating the fact that I can now comfortably fit into a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in over a year because I gained way too much 'happy weight'! Hey-oh!



Like I mentioned in my last post, Jess has convinced me to set some goals for 2014 so I've taken a note from her book and I'm making a MURDER BOARD!! I spent the day at work and since I was the only person in my department in the office, I took that time to list out my goals for 2014. I haven't finished them all and I'm going to tweak it here and there but this is what I have so far:

Gymnastics:
  • Handstand push ups (kipping and strict)
  • Unassisted pull ups (kipping and strict)
  • String 5+ toes to bar
  • rope climb
  • 25 unbroken double unders
Conditioning:
  • Sub 6min baseline
  • Sub 4min RX Grace
  • Sub 5min RX Isabel
  • 3:40 1000m row
  • Sub 9min mile
Endurance:
  • 20min 5k row
  • 30min 5k run 
Lifting:
  • 170# Clean & Jerk
  • 125# Snatch
  • 135# overhead squat
  • 300# deadlift 
I'm still working on filling in the gaps but this is what I've come up with so far. Gymnastics movements and endurance will be a big focus for me because they are my weaknesses but I want to keep building on my strengths. I'm pretty excited to see what this following year has in store for me :)

I unfortunately couldn't make it to Urban today because I had to be at work so I will be doing my own workout at home:
 
40 burpees (I figure, everyone else is doing them, I might as well join in on the suck fest!)
30 air squats
30 burpees
30 sit ups
20 burpees
30 hollow rocks
10 burpees
30 jumping pull ups  

Today was pretty simple as far as food went. I woke up really late so I ate breakfast within the window that I needed to, just way later in the day than usual so I'm just now having my 2nd snack at 5:45pm! But here's what I had so far and what I plan to have for the rest of the night:

Meal #1:
2 egg whites/1 whole egg
10 almonds
6 armor v
2 battle fuel



Snack #1:
1 scoop SFH whey
1/2 cup non fat greek yogurt



Meal #2:
5oz chicken
1 cup spinach (measured uncooked)



Snack #2:
10 almonds
1 apple

Meal #3:
5oz chicken
1 stalk broccoli

Snack #3:
1 scoop SFH whey

No comments:

Post a Comment