Fight for each victory

Fight for each victory

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Oh my god, Becky...

How I felt after Christmas dinner

So bloated. Must. Get. To. The. GYM!!!

It's back to work after a few days off and as much as I hate to admit it, it's probably best that I'm back on a routine. I'm especially glad that Thanksgiving and Christmas have passed. NO MORE HOLIDAY TREATS DAMN IT!!! Its all about meal planning, blogging, and getting into Urban regularly from here on out! The past few days have been rough as far as meal planning and actually eating. I find that when I struggle with food, it's not typically overeating...it's just not eating because I'm too caught up in a million other things. It's a terrible habit and the more I notice it happening, the more I realize that meal prep is something I need to be better at. I've gone to the store and I'm ready to get back in the kitchen and finish this year out strong.

After Saturdays Iron Fitness Games, I rested on Sunday and worked on mobility. Holy crap was I ever sore! Monday and Tuesday I was back in the gym and got my butt handed to me each time but it felt good to shake off all the soreness with more soreness (how does that even make sense). Tonight I plan to do the WOD from the 9am class but I'm going to modify it a bit. Instead of the 200m run every 3min, I'll do three rounds for time and do jumping pull ups in lieu of kipping pull ups.

Tonights WOD:
3 rounds for time
50 air squats
40 sit ups
30 push ups
20 jumping pull ups
10 burpees (we'll add those in just for good measure!)

Mondays WOD:
Toes 2 Bar: Skill work; I've been able to get my toes to the bar but I can't seem to string them together just yet
Push Press: I stayed light here and worked up to 95#. My wrist have been sore for a while now in the rack position but it didn't feel too bad during this workout.
4 rounds for time (17:25)
200m run
10 sit ups
10 pull ups
10 burpees
10 wall balls (14#)
We worked in teaks of 4 and you couldn't move onto the next movement until everyone on your team was done with the previous movement.

Tuesdays WOD:
5 rounds for time (17:18)
10 back squats
5 power cleans
10 lunges
5 push presses
RX 95#; Oh lordy this was brutal! I RXed this workout and it took me longer than if I would have gone lighter but I'm glad that I didn't. My goals have been to get stronger and leaner. I know that my strength is my strength so I wasn't going to shy away from throwing around some weight. I really enjoyed this workout and would love to do it again in a month or so and see how I fair then!

Yesterday was Christmas and I, again, failed to eat when I needed to, or what I needed to for that matter. I woke up pretty early to get the day started and didn't have too much time to make my own breakfast before heading to my boyfriends mom's house. In a rush we stopped in at Starbucks and I got coffee and pumpkin bread (tis' the season...right). I was desperate at that point and knew that there wasn't going to be anything that I could eat until we got to my parents house around 5pm. Ugh. It was a rough start to the day. By the time we got to my parents house I was famished! I ate way too much but I made sure to pile on lots of veggies before even touching anything else. The only thing that I indulged in during Christmas dinner was the dessert. Oh lord was it worth it! I mean, I'm feeling a little chunky right now, but I think I got my fix for a while and I'm ready to hop back on the wagon.

On Tuesday Jess asked if I wanted to work on setting goals with her and Jen and I agreed to do it with them. Like Jess, it would be easy for me to set goals for just weightlifting but I know I really need to set goals for my gymnastic and endurance movements. My running sucks and I HAVE to get my kipping pull ups down! Stick with me over the next few days, I'll definitely have my goals laid out so you guys can hold me to them!!!!Jess, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!



We also talked about meeting once or twice a month at open gym on Sundays and really working on our weaknesses and using that as another form of accountability. I'm pretty stoked about this coming year and knowing that I have all these tools to succeed. Now it's just up to me to use those tools and rock 2014!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment